Sunday, May 5, 2013

Ulrieke Benner - Art You Wear workshop on Saltspring Island

Here I am home again, on Mayne Island after spending 3 hardworking days felting with Ulrieke Benner and four other gals on Saltspring Island. It was a wonderful experience. Certainly, new appreciation for anything felted that I have seen! My challenge was to learn to felt with my own alpaca fibre. Pros and cons, there, but that's another blog day. I'd like to share some of our Third Day Projects. Beth was creating the fabric for a poncho. Lynn was creating the felted fabric for a summer tunic. Lovely green colours! Janet was working on creating the felted fabric to make herself a jacket. The blues were brillant! Rachel was her own creative self creating scarves, even angel wings! Thank you Ulrieke for teaching this workshop! I learned lots!

No comments:

Post a Comment